Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Life, according to Scrapshare

Scrapshare made me do it. (Scrapshare is a group of mostly women who use or sell or appreciate Creative Memories. I am a consultant. I am a customer. Mostly, I am my only customer, but I do have a few kinds souls keeping me in business. I found SS because I moved away from my upline and have been missing having the inside scoop on the business and the products. So I looked for and found SS.) Anytime lately I buy or try something new, it is Scrapshare's fault. My virtual best friend, it seems. We've only been friends since December 2005, but that is long enoughfor it to have built a relationship of trust with me. My husband no longer has to ask me where I found out about something or "who" I discussed a topic with, because I either say "Angie and I talked about..." or I don't. And if I don't, it can only mean one thing. Scrapshare. Because of my friendship with SS:
1. I bought a die cut machine because of all the cool layouts with die cut letters. I used to like Creative Memories ABC stickers. Now, I see there is so much more to life! I even got my favorite SHADOW BOX font for $75. Wowsa!
2. I have learned the lingo. TIA, ETA, ITA, DH, OMFSM...
3. I bought Basic Escentuals make up (it is in the mail right now). It seems like it will solve a major make up problem I have. Foundation always shows up, my pores are huge and make the makeup show up, my skin is rough, I got mild rosacea from my pregnancy #3, I am 32 (meaning I have to start thinking about wrinkles, etc.) I know, 32 isn't old. But have you watched tv commercials? "I am over 30 now. I need to take special care of my body with special make up, special vitamins, etc." I am not old, I am not old, I am not old.
4. The Diva Cup. Google it if you are sure you want to know.
5. "Honey, have you heard about .......... in the news (that I read about on SS)?" I say to my husband. Sadly, SS is where I get most of my news. SSers, if something important happens, please let me know about it, okay?
6. I am considering the wishblade purchase, but holding off as long as possible. I just barely fell to the wiles of the die cut machines, I can't convert yet! (Wish I had waited, but my name is Karen, and I am an impuse buyer.)
Which brings us to...
7. Blogging. This is my very first blog entry. I read a post today about "Why do people blog? I don't get it." I didn't get it either, but I never read one. As I read just a few responses, I realized that blogging is definitely a good fit for me. I enjoy writing, but I haven't for a long time. One excuse I have is that I lost my personal journal when we moved last year. I have things I'd like to have written, but used this as an excuse. I've never been a "Dear Diary, here's what mundane boring things I did today." Not for me. I like to write about things like this. My thoughts and ramblings. So for now, blogging is what I am going to do. (Until my attention is drawn elsewhere. I am a jack of all trades, master of none, but that is for another entry...)

9 comments:

Pamela Lynn ~ flutterby7 said...

Welcome to blogging... can't wait to see what more you have to say.
TTFN
Pamela Lynn

Melissa said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Enjoy yourself and continue to post. See you on the other side...SS that is!
Melissa
(aka maddiesmommy123)

blatinvt said...

I love it. Too funny! And so true.
~LisaRoo (or just Lisa)

Mel said...

Congratulations and welcome to "my" world!!!

I am here if you need any tips.

Empress4

Jenn ~ said...

Great intro! Definitely welcome to the world of blogging!

Rene said...

LOVE IT!!!

You've got SS figured out to a tee and welcome to the world of blogging.

ReneInOH

tosin said...

You're a natural! I love it! Can't wait to read more.
I'll be back!

~toemi~

Christy said...

GoKaren, you're a-bloggin!

Anonymous said...

Karen - very interesting, but mommy'o said "why did she write about that. Pretty soon you'll catch up with my Journals

Daddy'o