Friday, November 07, 2008

Kids say the darndest things

I had nothing better to do after dinner, so I actually cleaned up. I usually save it for morning. I also cleared the eternal junk pile off the end of the counter. Ben walked in the kitchen before bed and said, "What happened to all the stuff on the counter?" Hmph. It's like Courtney asking what happened to Ben's room because his was messy and hers was clean...not like she had anything to do with it.

Courtney twice tonight used the word "wonky" in two different, but very appropriate, contexts. She was sitting on the couch eating fruit snacks and wanted to dump them out so she could sort them and wanted a book to put them on because if she put them on the blanket they would get wonky. I know she got it from hearing me use the word, but I don't know where I picked it up. I must use the word often for her to use it like it's a normal word. I had to ask her to repeat herself because it was so funny to hear.

3 comments:

debbie said...

I've been complaining a lot lately about the "eternal junk pile" -- actually it would be "piles" in our house. I can't stand how our kitchen counter collects everything.

Cade wants to come to your blog every day and watch that little weird video of John and the kids. I was watching him today as he watched it and he was lip syncing all the different noises everyone makes, complete with facial expressions. So funny.

BTW, wasn't your first email address "swirly6"...I forgot all about that.

Tracy Kosofsky said...

Great post, Karen!! I think it is SO funny when kids pick up the things we say. :O)

Bettie said...

Who did Johnny say had a baby? Did he get that from you? Ok, but seriously, I posted some funny Eva stuff on my blog. Check it out :)