Monday, August 31, 2009

First day of School!


Today was a momentous occasion. Johnny started preschool! People have been asking me what I'm going to do with all my time. Well, let's see. Drop the kids off at 7:40. Pick up Johnny at 10:50. About one week a month, Kyle can drop off on the way to work. Other weeks, he doesn't leave until 8:30 or 9:00, depending on his work schedule. So that leaves me, what, an hour and a half or two hours to myself most days. That's SOOO much time to myself, don't you think? How am I ever going to fill that time? (Sarcasm intended.)

This is Johnny...so excited to be in school. There were kids crying and parents hovering over nervous kids. But not our Johnny! He went right in, said hi to his teacher, and started playing with the toys. Not nervous at all. Yesterday after church he went right up to his room and picked out his school clothes. He's been asking forever if it was Monday yet!

In the second picture, it shows his teacher's assistant in pink, Miss Sara, and his teacher, Teacher Andranette. (No promises on the spelling of those names, however). Yep. She said they are to call her Teacher Andranette. We'll see if that lasts! I find it a unique title. I've got 2 1/2 hours until pick up. I'd better get going and not waste my precious time! I think I'll start by talking to Kyle for 10 more minutes until he leaves. I think I made him feel bad this morning when I made the observation about getting the short end of the stick as far as class times, wishing I'd chosen the afternoon class. He said he was glad we'd have time for ourselves in the mornings and I was wishing I had more time for just myself. It's only the first day. I'm sure we'll be just fine!

3 comments:

Megan Young said...

Looks like fun trip! Now I want to visit Branson!

debbie said...

The kids are looking so old!

Sheffers said...

I dont look forward to the crying kids. Brock starts on the 14th. I dont think he will cry, he use to cry when we picked him up from the babysitters house, we must be bad parents.