Monday, February 26, 2007

One of my favorite quotes

The first time I encountered this quote was on a handout I received from a church friend, (my vistiting teacher, maybe?) while I was attending college. About 3 months ago I searched for it to use on a scrapbook border for some friends. Two nights ago I heard the quote on a movie called "Akeelah and the Bee" (about a girl winning the national spelling bee--very good!) Every time I hear these words, they hit home.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. - Marianne Williamson

No comments: