Monday, March 30, 2009

It's the little things...

My kids are best friends...best friends who like to bicker.  A lot.  Yesterday, however, they were the picture of cuteness.  We were sitting in church and Courtney, as usual, had her drawing supplies to keep her occupied.  She made a very simple note that said, "Ben, I love you."  When she handed it over, he looked at it and I looked at him.  He was starting to cry! I leaned over to Courtney to ask her what she did to him, as if this were an apology note.  She said she did nothing, just wanted to write him a note.  Ben wrote her a note back with a heart that said "You fill me with joy."  Then they hugged and I cried.  He is so cute when he lets himself feel the spirit and show love.  I love my kiddos!

4 comments:

KAT said...

Awww, sweet! It's nice to see siblings being good to one another.

debbie said...

I love that! Things like that really do a mother good.

Bettie said...

Now if only we could have a video tape of all the good stuff to watch on the days when we can't think of one positive thing our kids did all day...

Not mine, of course. They are perfect angels ;)

My Voice Marshfield said...

wow, that is awesome!!!!!!!!