Thursday, October 16, 2008

House shopping update

Someone has placed an offer on our "dream house".  But we're ok with that.  We just weren't ready to buy a house yet.  We want to wait a little longer and save some more money first and find a house we are head over heels for.  I liked this one a lot, but I didn't feel a great urge to place an offer...unfortunately. We are trying to let the Lord help us decide which house to get and when.  That's why we started looking in the first place!  

I'm just glad we don't have to rush the process, like we did in Oklahoma.  We still own that house, but we have had renters and they will be there for another year.  They are taking extremely good care of the house and I feel good with that.  I still hate the thought of owning two homes, but at least one isn't empty and we are receiving rent payments.

Now if only we could find Broken Bow prices on Santa Fe homes, we'd be in heaven!  

1 comment:

MommyJ said...

the owning two houses thing is a tough thing to get used to... just consider it like a retirement account. Every single rent payment you get is equity built, and a deposit in your retirement fund. In so far as the housing market doesn't completely deflate beyond repair... but that's a worry for a different post!