Wednesday, November 04, 2009

How we spent our day today

As soon as Johnny and I walked in the door after preschool, we got a phone call that kept us away until about 1 1/2 minutes before Ben got off the bus this afternoon.  The school nurse called with the report that we needed to come pick up Courtney from school.  She'd gotten two of her fingers smashed in her classroom door on the way to lunch and was in such shock that she threw up.  Johnny and I climbed back in the car and went to pick her up.  She was pale but much calmer.  No blood.  And after 2 1/2 hours at Daddy's work (the Indian Hospital) we discovered there are no broken bones, either.


(If you are into gross, you can click on the pic to see a great close up of her injury).

But hey, the three of us got to go out to lunch at McDonald's before we went to the doctor.  There's one highlight to the day.  And C and J came home covered in stickers (after we took advantage of the surprise trip to the doctor and they got their H1N1 shots).




 I'm just glad we barely beat Ben home.

2 comments:

debbie said...

I was one that was "in to gross," as you put it. Couldn't resist clicking. Ouch!

Lisa said...

Yikes! Glad Courtney is okay. Oh, and I LOVE your costume ideas. I wish Mark and I were more creative in that department. We'll ask you next year for help.