Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving cooking lessons

We shared Thanksgiving with Bryce & Bettie, our game playing friends. We made a list of what food we had to have and split up who did what. Bettie said she would do the turkey, since I said if I were in charge, I would chicken out (no pun intended) and just buy a turkey breast. But when it came down to Thanksgiving morning, it ended up that since the turkey was at my house and we were eating at my house, and Bettie was not at my house yet, I had to cook the turkey.

But guess what? I did it and it worked. I realized that it really wasn't hard to do at all. I also learned this about pie making (4 pies and one cheesecake for 4 adults and 5 kids ages 7 and under??? crazy Bettie!), mashed potatoes, and Mom's stuffing. And her turkey noodle soup that I made last night with leftovers. I get afraid of cooking sometimes, but I realized that most meals are pretty simple to make and I don't need to make a production out of it!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Bettie said...

I may be crazy, to be sure, but the pies were all good - and aren't you glad to have leftovers?
Thanks again for letting us come to your house and for cooking the turkey. Really, next year it's my turn to cook the turkey - kyle is much too squeamish;)

Emily said...

YEAH I'm so glad that everything worked out!!! Happy Holidays!!!